Laboratory Research and Scientific Process Engineering Support
Laboratory of Process Behavior Research and Engineering of Oil and Emulsions Treatment and Transportation
Laboratory of Produced Water Behavior Research and Wastewater Treatment Engineering
Laboratory Research Booklet
Giprovostoneft laboratories carry out and set up the field and lab experiments to research the process behavior of oil, water-oil emulsions and produced water. Based on the processing and analysis of information obtained, the technical and process design details and recommendations for design and upgrade of oil gathering, treatment and transportation facilities are developed; the causes of complications in the operation of the active oil field facilities are found out and analyzed by working out recommendations for their elimination. Besides the afore-mentioned services, the laboratories of Giprovostokneft select and evaluate the process efficiency of the reagents used in gathering, treatment and transportation (de-emulsifiers, inhibitors of asphalt, resin and paraffin deposits, pour point depressants etc.).
Up to date laboratory and technical basis.
- Multi-year operating experience with abnormal oils and water-oil-emulsion media with complicated process behavior.
- Own efficient approaches.
- Research work is performed under the guidance of leading process experts in oil-gas and water treatment and oil-gas production, having a score of authoring and scientific papers; a number of challenging process complexes for oil field product treatment was designed according to their research recommendations.
- Highly skilled professionals.
Based on the input data and research recommendations of the science sector of Giprovostokneft, a score of the projects related to the challenging process complexes for borehole product treatment have been completed (central production facilities, oil-water treatment facilities and oil stabilization producing units). Owing to the high quality of research recommendations, all the facilities after their commissioning are producing consistently high-quality output without breaching operating practices and without complications.
Out of the latest facilities we could single out the following ones: central production facility (CPF) of Central Khoreyver Uplift, Kuyumba field CPF, oil processing unit (OPU) of Tazovo field, OPU of Pestsovo field , OPU of East Blocks of Mid-Botuobino oil and gas condensate field, feasibility study on ultra viscous oil of Karabikulovo field, OPU of Buzuluk field etc.
- Working out science-based technical and process recommendations to design oil treatment facilities (setting up design concept basis for oil treatment engineering for specific oil field conditions and oil process behavior).
- Defining and finding out the causes of existing and potential challenges in operation of gathering, treatment and transportation facilities with subsequent recommendations on elimination of complicating factors.
- Rendering services for oil production companies in analyzing and updating the existing units and oil treatment and produced wastewater procedures by using physical, chemical, technical and process procedures.
- Research of physical, chemical and process behavior of oil and water-oil emulsions to define the rational process modes and parameters for design of oil treatment facilities and for rendering services for oil production companies.
- Defining process efficiency of de-emulsifiers for oil treatment procedures, their type selection and required dosage.
- Defining composition of actual and potential stabilizers of water-oil emulsions.
- Defining physical and chemical data and ion-salt composition of produced, waste and technical water (density, pH, mineralization, six-component composition, ferrous and ferric iron, hydrogen sulfide).
- Forecasting stability and chemical compatibility of produced water in gathering and formation pressure maintenance systems; quality evaluation of water in injection and disposal wells; forecasting composition and number of dissolved hydrocarbon and inorganic gases escaped from produced water at different process stages.
- Research of rheological oil and water emulsion behavior to design gathering, treatment and transportation systems, their upgrading and finding out the production reserves.
- Research of abnormal oil treatment: heavy, high-viscosity oils with high mechanical impurities, with high foaming capacity, highly resinous oils, Devonian and carbonic oil, in gas-breakthrough complicated conditions etc.
- Research and working out recommendations to prevent any accumulations of steady emulsion interlayers and methods of their destruction in relation to specific operational conditions.
- Selection and efficiency evaluation of depressor reagents for high-viscosity and high-freezing oil.
- Selection and efficiency evaluation of inhibitors and solvents of asphalt-resin and paraffin deposits (ARPD) for production, product field gathering, treatment and transportation.
- Evaluation of oil foam formation and efficiency study of foam formation inhibitors.
- Working out recommendations and engineering solutions for internals of vertical stainless steel tanks and for oil loss reducing.
- Research of compatibility of different reagent types for oil gathering, transportation and treatment facilities.
- Pilot field tests of oil field chemistry for oil treatment and transportation procedures (reagents-de-emulsifiers, depressors, inhibitors of asphalt, resin and paraffin deposits, turbulent viscosity reducing additives etc.).
Lab Research List
Process simulation of emulsion destabilization, evaluation of kinetic and aggregate stability, defining rational process modes and parameters for oil treatment.
- Thermochemical research, emulsion and process properties and inversion phase point/range defining.
- Efficiency defining reagents and de-emulsifiers by selecting the reagent type and dosage.
- Research defining required frequency rate of oil washing with fresh water in the event of desalinization and defining required volume of washing water.
- Complex research of rheological behavior of oil and emulsions.
- Research of paraffin deposit formation, defining the process efficiency of asphalt, resin and paraffin deposit inhibitors by selecting the type and dosage (cold contact principle).
- Process efficiency selection and evaluation of ARPD solvents.
- Process efficiency selection and evaluation of depressors and solvents for high-viscosity and high-freezing oil.
- Defining oil-chilling temperature (as per detailed design and GOST), research of chilling temperature depression in the event of impact on oil by paraffin crystal modifiers.
- Defining group composition (paraffins, resins, asphaltens, lube oils) in relation to ARPO, oil, potential and actual emulsion stabilizers.
- Research of oil foam formation, foam decay period, efficiency and dosage of foam generation inhibitors.
- Defining Dean Stark water cut.
- Defining oil, emulsions and reagents density.
- Defining surface tension on boundaries: oil/produced water, produced water/toluene.
- Defining mechanical impurities content in oil.
- Defining iron sulfide content in oil/emulsion.
- Defining chloride salt content in oil/emulsion.
- Defining disperse reagent capacity.
- Research of inter-droplet coalescence.
- Research of emulsion interlayer content.
- Preparation of model produced waters for emulsions mixing. Preparation of artificial water and oil emulsions.
- Defining ion-salt content, physical and chemical properties and quality data of oil field and produced wastewater used for oil reservoir flooding (density, hydrogen index, ion content of sodium, potassium, calcium, magnesium, chloride ions, sulfate ions, hydrogen carbonate ions, carbonate ions, dissolved oxygen, dissolved hydrogen sulfide, ferrous iron, ferric and total iron, oil product and mechanical impurities content).
- Defining chemical composition of sediments and salt deposits from oil field equipment. Simulation of water compatibility when mixing in a lab environment.